Retained Health and Safety Adviser
complete health & safety
Retained Health and Safety, Outsourced Health and Safety and Competent Health and Safety
These are all the same sort of thing! if this is what you are after you have come to the right place.
Safewell’s Retained Health and Safety Adviser packages are perfect for you if you need a competent health and safety adviser for an accreditation; you need to take your health and safety to the next level; you just don’t have time to do it all yourself now; or you just want to get your health safety right and complaint in an honest way.
There is a common theme to all our retained customers – we clearly understand the hazards and risks that are relevant to their work activities because this is where accident and injuries to employees can occur and that is where our advice needs to begin. Find out more below.
- What is a retained health and safety adviser?
- When do I need retained health and safety advice?
- Safewell's retained health and safety package
- Safewell's retained health and safety training
A retained health and safety adviser is a person or company that provides ongoing health and safety support to your business over a period of time. Retained health and safety advice can also be called Competent health and safety advice.
The support could simply be health and safety advice in person or over the telephone, but may also include other elements of health and safety work including risk assessments, health and safety policies and procedures, health and safety training, coaching, mentoring, safety inspections to name a few.
A good Retained health and safety adviser will get to know your business and the risks and hazards your employees are exposed too – then provide advice matched to your specific risks and hazards.
It is a legal requirement under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations for an employer to have competent health and safety advice relevant to the hazards and risks their employees are exposed to during their work activities, whether that is through an employed person or an external health and safety consultant.
Some typical situations where having external Retained health and safety advice is more necessary than others:
- You are seeking accreditation to one of the contractor schemes such as CHAS, SMAS or Safe Contractor. They specifically ask who provides Competent health and Safety advice
- Your company has grown to an extent where health and safety is taking up too much time for one of the employees
- Your health and safety risks and hazards are beyond the skill of the employees ‘doing’ health and safety and you are seeking specialist health and safety help
- You simply want to be better at health and safety; look after the health and welfare of your employees; be compliant with health and safety law and have someone to advise you on new legislation, and what you need to do to work safely
A designated Safewell H&S Adviser / Consultant
Telephone and email advice
Risk assessment review and risk based advice
RIDDOR help and support (What is RIDDOR)
Access to template forms (including Risk Assessments and OH&S Policies)
Quarterly newsletter (including news, legislation and OH&S tips)
20% discount on additional occupational health and safety services from Safewell
If you want to know more detail about how our Retained Health and Safety package works click here, otherwise Complete the contact form below, to the side or call to arrange that first meeting with one of the team.
Introduced in 2017
- We will be offering open training courses at our offices in Wootton Bassett for Retained Customers to attend
- Places will either be part of a customer’s existing retained health and safety package or there will be a small cost per delegate
- Each health and safety course will be certificated and typically last half a day
Course will Initially include:
- Directors health and safety awareness
- Contractor and Sub Contractor Management
- General Health and Safety Awareness
As we run the courses and the need arises we will put other courses on and communicate them to retained health and safety customers via the newsletter and email.