Safety Critical Medical
Safety Critical Medical
Our Safety Critical Medical Service
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 employers have a duty of care to prevent the ill-health of their workers. This is relevant to those employed in safety-critical tasks such as construction, working at height and mobile plant operators. Safety-critical workers (SCW) should not be suffering from medical conditions or undergoing any medical treatment which could lead to a sudden loss of consciousness or incapacity, impairment of awareness, concentration, balance or coordination or significant limitation of mobility. The term “safety-critical work” is defined as “Where the ill health of an individual may compromise their ability to undertake a task defined as safety-critical, thereby posing a significant risk to the health and safety of others.” (CBH, 2015). Safewell Ltd can offer Safety Critical Medicals as outlined by HSE. The medicals include:
- A baseline questionnaire to establish current and previous medical history and/or treatment ongoing treatment
- Blood Pressure checks – Cardiovascular
- Height, weight and BMI
- Audiometry -hearing tests
- Lung Function tests
- Skin Assessments
- HAVs assessments (if required)
- Visual Acuity, colour vision and peripheral vision
- Muscular-skeletal assessment
- Drug & Alcohol testing (Additional Charge + Company must have a Drug and Alcohol Policy/Procedure in place)
The outcome is a ‘Fitness for Work’ certificate issued to the employee and the employer.
How do I book a Safety Critical Medical?
To book a safety-critical medical use the contact form on this page, call us on 01793 852951 or click the button below to go to our contact page.
Who can we carry out a Safety Critical Medicals for?
- Individuals who need to demonstrate they are fit to work prior to employment (typically this is for self-employed trades and those workers being placed via an agency). Payment in advance for individuals.
- Employees – to be arranged by their employers either at your site or workplace, or at our offices in Royal Wootton Bassett.
Where can a Safety Critical Medical be Carried Out
Safety-Critical Medicals can be carried out at our offices in Royal Wootton Bassett or at your site. We aim to get Safety-Critical medicals turned around quickly as we find they tend to have fairly critical timelines too!
Complete the form to arrange a Safety Critical Medical
This will email the Admin Team and one of them will contact you.