Call Us: 01793 852951
Frequently Asked Question
What is Occupational Health?
What is Occupational Health – Occupational Health is…
Safewell’s Occupational Health services will help keep your employees healthy and safe whilst in work and manage any risks in the workplace that are likely to give rise to work-related ill health. Be that either physically or mentally.
Your staff are a key business asset and essential to productivity and profitability.
Research shows that good health is good for business and better workplaces have better financial results. Every year over 170 million days are lost to sickness absence. The Government’s Black Review of the health of the working age population reported the cost to the economy is estimated to be £100bn each year. Research shows that the longer people are off sick, the less likely they are to make a successful return to work. After six months absence from work, there is only a 50 per cent chance of someone making a successful return.
Occupational health is a specialist branch of medicine that focuses on the physical and mental wellbeing of employees in the workplace.
The aim of occupational health is to prevent work-related illness and injury by:
• encouraging safe working practices.
• ergonomics (studying how you work and how you could work better).
• monitoring the health of the workforce.
• supporting the management of sickness absence.
An occupational health service might also:
• work with your employer to implement policies and ensure health and safety compliance;
• conduct pre-employment health assessments;
• support health promotion and education programmes;
• provide advice and counselling to employees around non-health-related problems;
• provide your employer with advice and guidance around making reasonable adjustments to your working conditions.
Find out more about how Safewell can help you
Call us on 01793 852951 or use one of the contact forms on this page to get in touch