Call Us: 01793 852951
On Site Occupational Health Visits for Safety Critical Medicals
Prevention is better than Cure
Safewell here to help you
On Site Occupational Health Visits for Safety Critical medicals
Safewell has now recommenced on site face to face occupational health visits to new and existing customers, this has been received very well and has opened the doors for employees who require safety critical medicals to re start their work on construction sites. We are also providing our health surveillance medicals face to face for other industries. We will continue to provide telephone medicals and occupational health assessments if you’re still wanting to reduce the potential exposure risk from in-person visits. Face to face medicals are valid for 12 months and telephone referrals are valid for 6 months, this is following HSE guidance and government guidelines. We are currently not testing spirometry due to the potential risk of spreading COVID-19. We are following HSE guidance and will update when more information is available. Paper based screening will be conducted instead.
When visiting a company site we will require your COVID-19 on-site risk assessment to understand what you expect from us, and we will provide you with our COVID-19 site visit risk assessment. We are following strict social distancing and hygiene practice.
- Sanitise hands upon arrival and minimise touch points when moving about site.
- Liaise with main contact and as few others as possible.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. 2m spacing where ever possible.
- Only visit parts of the building essential to the work being performed.
- Decontaminate all equipment prior to use and between each medical using Clinell wipes.
- Client to wear face covering during medical.
- OHT/OHA to wear appropriate PPE (scrubs) and face covering. Gloves available but not routinely worn.
- Know site location and size of room to be used. Good ventilation and space to social distance, ideally windows open.
- Talk client through procedures. Where possible, use verbal instructions to avoid client contact.
- Clients undergoing testing should be allocated a suitable waiting area by the site host.
- Ask client to keep touching of door handles/equipment etc. to a minimum, unless asked to do so.
- Ask client to clean audio headset and vision screening equipment with Clinnell wipe and place in clinical waste bag/bin provided once testing is complete.
- Blood pressure to be performed with cuff over clients clothing where possible.
- Client to clean desk area and chair prior to leaving the room.
For further information please use the appropriate contact details below.
Find out more about how Safewell can help you
Call us on 01793 852951 or use one of the contact forms on this page to get in touch