First Aid for Mental Health in the Workplace
Safewell’s one-day qualification provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a range of mental health conditions, how to start a supportive conversation, and when and how to signpost a person to seek appropriate professional help.
Each year, approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition and at least 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace. According to recent reports, sick leave due to poor mental health was the primary reason for staff taking time off work in 2021.
Mental health conditions are often hidden due to stigma and fear of discrimination, and research has shown that a culture of fear and silence around mental health is costly to employers.
Our First Aid for Mental Health training provides learners with the skills and confidence to recognise and respond to a range of mental health conditions, giving an in-depth understanding of conditions and practical tools for managing them.
First Aid Skills Acquired
Learners will develop skills and confidence to:
- Recognise and manage mental health challenges
- Start confident conversations around mental health
- Identify when a person may have a condition and direct them to appropriate professional assistance
- Draw up an effective workplace action plan
Assessment & Monitoring
- On completing the course, delegates will gain an FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health (RQF)
- The qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement
Thank you to Mike for delivering the Mental Health First Aid course on site. The session was engaging, intuitive and delivered in a light-hearted way. Would highly recommend.