Call Us: 01793 852951
Company Testing Program Coronavirus
how to set up a company
Coronavirus Testing Program
Some employers and third-party healthcare providers may want to introduce their own internal testing programmes outside of the NHS Test and Trace service. The Government has recently issued guidance which aims to help them ensure that their testing programmes are as reliable and effective as possible. It covers:
- Legislation, regulations and best practice;
- Virus and antibody testing;
- How to interpret test results;
- Next steps after a positive or negative test.
It is noted that the NHS Test and Trace service is for those who display symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been advised to take a test by a medical practitioner or public service. Employer and third-party healthcare providers wishing to provide a test to staff must not advise individuals without symptoms to get a test from the limited supply offered by the NHS Test and Trace service, but may offer alternative private provision, in accordance with this guidance.
Before deciding to establish a testing programme, employers are advised that they are clear on a number of factors, such as:
- Who the testing will cover – for example, whether this is all directly employed staff, or includes individuals working onsite, like contractors;
- What the focus of the programme is: staff with symptoms or without symptoms;
- How often staff will be tested;
- Appropriate facilities for carrying out the tests.
Here is a link to the full guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-guidance-for-employers/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-guidance-for-employers-and-third-party-healthcare-providers
Call or message the Team
We are here to make health and safety accessible for everyone, Call on 01793 852951 to get in touch. It will be much easier with Safewell helping you.